Laser is a fine and concentrated beam of light that can cut or sculpt tissues similar to a knife but with lesser pain and blood loss.
Advantages of Laser Surgery:
- The Ho-Yag is a highly effective cutting and coagulating tool.
- Surgery is bloodless.
- As the charring is minimal, pain is very minimal or nonexistent.
- As the laser beam is precise, sharp cutting without any spread is possible.
- The Ho-Yag when used in Laparoscopy is sharp and bloodless.
- Patient recovery is very quick.
- Even major procedures are done as day care.